I am a full-stack developer with interactive design experience and a computer engineering degree, who loves to transform ideas into compelling digital experiences.
I bring over 10 years of professional experience working with Fortune 500 companies.
With my coding partner Reilly Anderson, we created a calendar app to compete with Goggle's calendar.
The idea was to have a day view next to the monthly view. We created the CSS and the calendar functionality.
A large challenge was to understand database aggregations with MongoDB. Another challenge was determining the algorithms to define
the first day of the week of any given month and year.
We worked on quick sprints, starting with wireframing.
We have big plans for this, including expanding into customizable views, multiple calendar support, email reminders, and more.
This site is an aggregator for RSS feeds. It allows a url input, then stores it on a back-end database and sets the user's ranking,
then parses the XML for the headlines and links to be displayed.
The biggest challenge for this site was to be aware of asynchronous calls. XML data could come in at different times,
and the Node backend handles it. The front-end requests new information every few hundred milliseconds,
and if the back-end has a retrieved XML for the RSS feed, it gives it to the front-end. This allows future planning for caching popular feeds.
This project was built using Python3 and Django 2.0.2. As I worked on the project, I discovered that Django is a very robust platform,
and easy to change database structures on the back-end, when I moved from Sqlite to PostgreSQL. The chart was made with Plotly.js to give
users a chance to see how their different moods evolve over time.
Deploying to a solution such as Heroku
proved much more of a challenge, as certain configurations were needed: WhiteNoise to serve static files, and Gunicorn to handle the
incoming request layer using workers.
I created a list view of all entries, paginated by month, which could be requested from the backend through a route.
Self-taught how to code and deploy an Android mobile app featuring a yukon solitaire card game.
This project used the Java programming language, Eclipse IDE, and the Android API.
I created my own support libraries which included buttons, touch managers, sprite loader, and tween manager.
Take a look at the tween library I created here: GitHub Link
Mini B3D: An opengl 3D gaming library
This is an open-source 3D gaming library. It was written for the (now defunct) Monkey programming language written by Mark Sibly, ported from the original Blitz Basic library form Simon Armstrong.
It allowed games to be written for several platforms: Linux, OSX, Windows, HTML5, Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Xbox.
I maintained the library for about 3 years, adding several enhancements and performance improvements.
Most notably, I wrote, maintained, and debugged the webGL shaders.
This was all a labor of love, because the community and language were great.